Pupils build a table in a workshop at school. They improve manual skills and learn to work as a team.
English assignment targets basic skills such as writing, reading and speaking
- Watch a short cartoon Pat and Mat and write the summary of the episode (7 min. cartoon) Individually (practise writing a summary)
- Case study (pairwork) Filling in forms (individually or pairwork) (reading, writing, speaking)
- Safety regulations. Tools (pairwork/class discussion)
- Log writing (individually)
- Report writing (individually) Can be written in Norwegian.
Katta* - a nickname of Hamar katedralskole
- Get started. Watch a cartoon and write the summary of the episode. Pat and Mat are building a dog house in this cartoon.
- Case study. Filling in an accident record form.
- Tools (improving vocabulary) Pairwork . Safety at a workshop. Discussion.
- Write a log (day by day) Individual task.
- Write a report (in Norwegian).
Pupils are assessed individually.
Criteria: The quality of individual assignments and pairwork in class. English teachers can consider teamwork in workshop and discuss criteria with colleagues.
English part is assessed individually with mark from 1 to 6.
PC, pen, pencil, workbook