Learning objectives: At the end of the lesson students will:
- Learn, understand and use words related to jobs in Social and Health Care
- (optional) learn the elements of short story
- (optional) learn how to write a short story
- (optional) learn how to self-evaluate own progress in learning English words/short story elements
Preteach vocabulary "Jobs"
1. Write a short story «A day at work».
- Setting (when and where the story takes place, f.e. hospital, nursing home or other)
- Characterization (your main character should have one of the jobs you have just learned about. Include the description of duties your main character discharges/performs at work every day )
- Plot (sequence of events)
- Climax (the problem your main character faces in the story)
- Resolution (how your main character solves the problem)
Use Story Organizers bellow to plan your story
2. Prepare and act out a role play
3. Students make up sitiuations «Who do I need?»
F.e. I need to get some medicine using prescription Who do I need?
4. «Who am I?» riddle activity
F.e. I am a person who gives advice to people, especially older people and the parents of very young children, about health care, sometimes by visiting them in their own homes. Who am I?