Eleven skal oversette et tilfeldig HMS-datablad til engelsk, og i tillegg lage en ordliste over de programfag-spesifikke termene som er brukt i databladet.
You will be handed one of the HMS descriptions used in the workshop. Your job will be to translate this HMS manual into English, as well as provide a vocabulary list of the technical terms you have used. The vocabulary list is there to help other students understand your translation if they read it at a later date.
A few things to remember:
- Use the correct technical terms (no “thing” or “stuff”)
- Remember the difference between formal and informal language. What to use here?
- Word order is not always the same in English and Norwegian.
- Remember subject-verb agreement, this can be tricky even in simpler texts.
- Getting the exact meaning across is more important than using the exact same wording.
You will have two 45 minutes classes to prepare your translations and a vocabulary list.