Pupils use different websites to find a volunteer programme and present it in English.
They write a manuscript in Norwegian or English.
Basic skills in focus: reading, listening, writing, speaking and IT competence.
Further activities: Mother Teresa, level 1 (penguin easy readers) Pupils can read the book and do different activities (see the link)
Foto: Tim Tabor
Lisens: CC by-nc-sa
1. Step one: study volunteer experience by using the links online.
2. Find a volunteer programme in Norway or abroad, write a manuscript and deliver a speech.
The manuscript is assessed by a team: a vocational programme teacher/teachers and a Norwegian language teacher/teachers.
The speech is assessed by an English teacher / teachers.
Criteria for assessment of the speech.
- The speech has a correct structure, e.g.: Dear friends….. Do you have any questions? Thank you for listening.
- You are independent from your manuscript and have an eye contact with the audience.
- The speech has cohesion and flow. Your findings are supported by good examples.
- Your vocabulary is rich, grammar and spelling, pronunciation are correct.
- Pupils fill in a self-assessment card.
a laptop, the Internet